A very detailed convenience store, restaurant and gas station called Local Market At Atlas will open in early February at 3310 Atlas Road, northeast of Seltice Way.
The 7,000 square foot market will feature extensive groceries, premium beer and wines, a made-to-order deli with drinks and sit-down food, drive-thru with artisanal espressos and smoothies and takeaways. Several fuel options will be available.
The building’s unique design includes high beamed ceilings and black stone. Owner-operators Gary and Sandy Singh will be assisted by their son Andy and his wife Mandy.
Northwestern performers at Silver Lake Mall
Eight local artists are hosted by The Laser Engravers in Suite 1209 at Silver Lake Mall, 200 W. Hanley Ave.
The laser engraver team includes Red Rooster Crafts, La Vita Bella, MKC West, My Girls Hats, Ancient Alchemy Apothecary, Rustic Glory, and Heaven Scent with a wide variety of items.
The owner and host of Northwest Artists is Tammy Lambert assisted by Jason and Amanda Lambert. Hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.
Thermography Northwest opens on Howard Street
Offering state-of-the-art medical thermal imaging, Thermography Northwest opened in the Optimal Living Institute’s B-2 suite at 2775 N. Howard St.
Thermology can detect inflammation as temperatures rise in areas of increased blood flow to detect and monitor abnormal changes in the body by specializing in breast health education without radiation, contact, or pain.
The owner-operator is Kelli Callihan, a Certified Clinical Thermography Technician. Visit www.thermographynorthwest.com. Call 208-215-0521.
Now the Tidbits
- Real Life Ministries now has the large building at 1701 N. Fourth St.
- Golden Glo Coffee will soon open on Highway 41 and Nagel Lane.
- Construction has begun on Idaho’s first Dollar General store in Athol.
- Breaking Bread Bistro will be where Davis Donuts was fourth and best.
- Valley Roots is new at 1001 Spokane St., Post Falls.
- A building permit for the old Shopko building called “Sportsman & Ski”.
- HDR Engineering has leased premises from Riverstone.
- The Prairie Xpress gas station and convenience store will be located at the northwest corner of Prairie Avenue and Government Way.
- A sign on the south side of Fifth Avenue at the Sherman intersection reads “Best Life CdA Coming Soon”. An insurance company?
- A sign on Wayne Drive in Hayden reads “Future home of Blue Chip Chiropractic”.
- Northwest Specialty Hospital is expanding to 1551 E. Mullan Ave., Post Falls.
- The Open Arms Real Choice Clinic will be moving from 1800 Lincoln Way to 8056 N. Wayne Drive in Hayden.
- Metro Express Car Wash is building a new large space in the northwest corner of Highway 41 and I-90.
- Lone Mountain Farms & Brewery will have a new niche in the development of the Lancaster market at US 95 and Lancaster Road.
- Consign Furniture has a “coming soon” sign southwest of the US 95-Lancaster Road intersection.
- The Renew Aesthetics & IV Hydration Bar will be relocating from 515 Fourth St. to 1101 W. Ironwood Drive in January.
- An express outdoor car wash is under construction in the 3400 block of Seltice in Post Falls.
- Malvagios Restaurant will be where Santorini’s was located, in the Fairgrounds Center, next to Government Way.
- The Rebel Junk Shoppe at 2424 N. Fourth St., will be expanded to become a street side location.
- Bruchi Quick Service Restaurant is planned in a new building north of the corner of Highway 41 and Mullan Avenue.
- The new Dairy Queen at 513 W. Hayden Ave., just west of Highway 95, will open in December.
- The old Ugly Fish restaurant building will be a Berkshire Hathaway Realty in Riverstone.
- Watch for the construction of the Vantage Point Brewery across from Michael D’s Eatery on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive.
- Pedego electric bikes are coming to Riverstone.
- Kaffee Meister will be at 9212 Government Way.
- A Sweet Lou’s restaurant and a Grease Monkey car park will be at the crossroads in Athol.
- The Gathered Restaurant is new on Spokane Street in Post Falls.
- The Lucille building under construction at 2605 N. Fourth St. will feature five commercial suites from Northwest Construction Management, Align Yoga Studio, Refined Salon, Heirloom (wedding dresses) and Stylus Wine & Vinyl Bar.
- The TownPlace Suites by Marriott hotel will be built at the location of the Outback Steakhouse, at the southeast corner of I-90 and Northwest Boulevard.
- Several steel storage buildings will be constructed at 3758 W. Hanley Ave., off Atlas Road, for Hern Ironworks.
- New locations coming to Silver Lake Mall include Nailed It, Customs Laser Engraving, All Fired Up, Crime Scene Entertainment, and American Heritage.
- A Sarah Hamilton Face location will be at 2120 Northwest Blvd.
- A new commercial and residential building will be constructed at Government Way and Davidson Avenue.
- Watch for major changes with the Spokane Street Burger Bunker and Bunker Bar in Post Falls.
- A new building for Linden Coffee Co. is under construction at 1502 N. Third St.
- A new gas station will be located in the northeast corner of Atlas in Seltice.
- We have rumors of new Costcos in Hayden and State Line and of a Trader Joe’s in Coeur d’Alene. We’ll see.
- A large storage complex and a new headquarters for Steel Structures of America are under construction next to Highway 41.
- The Den will be a new tavern at 761 N. Idaho St. in Post Falls.
- My Nails & Spa will be on Canfield Ave.
- The CD’A Corner Store adds kitchen and dining to the city center.
- Takara restaurant will be in the city center.
- Schmidty’s Burgers will be at 1524 E. Sherman Ave.
- Napa Auto & Truck is building a new location in Rathdrum.
- Coeur d’Alene Nissan will have a major addition to its building off the US 95.
- Watch for a new apartment building at 128 W. Neider Ave., across from Safeway.
- The Mountain Goat Lounge is under construction and is connected to the downtown Moose Lounge.
- The Lake Coeur d’Alene Inn is under construction on Coeur d’Alene Lake Drive between Mullan Avenue and Michael D’s Eatery.
- Things that weren’t there when I was a kid in the 1950s … seat belts, helmets, airbags, skateboards, school backpacks, ripped jeans and frisbees.
- Contact Nils Rosdahl at [email protected]